Story MasterClass is an exclusive one-year, full-time distance course for you with proven knowledge and professional experience as a scriptwriter.
It provides unique opportunities, knowledge, inspiration, tools and techniques to sharpen your storytelling and advance your screenwriting career,
with lectures and personal tutoring from some of the foremost and most renowned teachers in the American film industry (Hollywood).
The course encompasses:
- Lectures and personal tutoring by acclaimed Hollywood teachers
- In-depth studies of concept and character development
- Tools and techniques that enhance the narrative and boost your efficiency
- Building your platform as a professional screenwriter
- Promote and pitch your script and ideas using professional sales argumentation
- Three multi-day meetings – where course management, students and teachers convene for workshops and seminars
MasterClass Story is held entirely in English. The course utilizes digital communication platforms such as Zoom, Dropbox, Slack and Skype.
- Build powerful stories using Hollywood dramas.
- Build a powerful story with writing techniques developed by Hollywood's top dramatists and taught at world leading film schools USC and UCLA.
- Create themes, living characters and dramaturgical structures that can affect a universal audience.
- Create memorable, visually strong and dramatic scenes.
- Write to reach the one to judge your script.
- Practical techniques for building the various parts of your story.
Promotion and Pitch
- Presentation and argumentation techniques developed by professionals.
- Feedback from fellow course participants and active professional film producers
- How to build your platform as a professional screenwriter
- Practice and perfect your professional pitch
The applicant has professional experience with script and drama, has written short script, script for feature film or drama series, and is prepared to take a decisive step towards a future as a professional scriptwriter.
3-year upper secondary school, senior high school or equivalent Work sample, personal letter & interview.
Study Allowance Level
Post-secondary level (B1)
Time for the class: Aug 26th, 2019 – June 4th, 2020
Application deadline: April 30th, 2019
Pacy of Study: 100 %
Duration: 1 year
Arvid Unsgaard, kursansvarig
Tel: 070- 438 09 26